As a proud Latina from West Texas, the 51st CMA Awards were ﬁlled with so much excitement and magic. From legends to rising country stars, the red carpet was ﬁlled with incredible people who I not only idolize but who also inspire me! As an artist myself, I was so happy to just be a giddy fan. One of the biggest takeaways was being able to see how much the country superstars love and appreciate their Latin fan base. Here’s a list of some of my top moments!
1. Scotty McCreary gave a shout out to his Puerto Rican Grandma! “I’m 25% Puerto Rican!"@Latina/Instagram
2. Country Female rising star Carly Pearce shares her excitement for her 1st CMA Awards!
3. West Texas Country artist “Vaquero” Aaron Watson talked about how much he loved his Latinas! Respectfully of course!
4. Chris Young recognized his Latino fans of his new #1 Record “Losing Sleep” He says, “I saw so many of my Latino fans loving the record and I love them back!”
5. Country Female Powerhouses Maddie & Tae gave a shout out in Spanish!!! How awesome are they!
6. Also this adorable Maddie & Tae dance!
7. Just can’t get enough of these Country men recognizing their faithful Latin fan base! Here’s Granger Smith giving a shout out!
8. Got to sandwich between these two awesome actors from the show Nashville! Sam Palladino and Chris Carmack! They’re as nice as they are dreamy!
9. Luke Combs talked about teaming up with the CMA Foundation for Houston Relief efforts and how special their time was in Houston.
“The day of the world series the mayor canceled school and we donated tons of instruments to a lower income school and all the little kids came out to see the performance. It was awesome.”